Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All about Week 1 August 13-16,2012

So when I got this internship at the beginning of this summer I was ecstatic. After trying to land an internship for four months I finally succeed at getting one. Unfortunately I wasn't able to actually start working until last Monday.

This past week was all about introductions, scheduling, and making sure loose ends were neatly tied up. My first day I was shown around the office, I was introduced to my fellow coworkers, and I actually got to do some work. The rest of the week was much more exciting. Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to edit two of the newspapers that come out of the office in Salem, so that was a good experience. I am glad that I am able to intern at small paper, because I know if I had interned at a larger paper I wouldn't be getting so much hands on work.

I am really looking forward to forward to the rest of my time working at the Salem Times-Register. I can't wait to see what other things I will learn and get to do while on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment